Virginia Beach Auto Transport Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions listed below are a contract between Virginia Beach Auto Transport and the Customer, along with their duly authorized agents (hereby referred to as the “Customer”).
Any vehicle shipment booked by the Customer through Virginia Beach Auto Transport is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading. Upon request, Customers may receive copies of these documents. Moreover, these contract Terms and Conditions shall be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders placed with Virginia Beach Auto Transport by the owner(s) or agent(s) designated in the Order Form. Virginia Beach Auto Transport is a bonded and fully licensed Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT.
The Customer understands that Virginia Beach Auto Transport is a registered transportation and property broker. As such, Virginia Beach Auto Transport only acts in the capacity of a broker. Thus, the Customer allows Virginia Beach Auto Transport to contract licensed and insured Motor Car Carrier(s), (hereby referred to as “Carrier”) to transport the Customer’s vehicle(s), as laid out in the shipping Order Form.
The Customer is aware that by partaking in a transaction with Virginia Beach Auto Transport, they agree to the terms and conditions laid out here. Moreover, the Customer waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions.
1. If the Customer chooses to cancel their order, they must contact their representative or another member of Virginia Beach Auto Transport right away. The Customer has the option to cancel a transportation order with Virginia Beach Auto Transport at any time with NO CANCELLATION FEE.
2. The Customer agrees that Virginia Beach Auto Transport also has the right to reject or cancel any order for any reason and at any time.
Conditions of Pickup and Delivery
3. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Virginia Beach Auto Transport is authorized to arrange transportation from pickup location to the destination location, as specified in the Order Form. In addition, the Carrier, which will be assigned by Virginia Beach Auto Transport, is approved to transport the Customer’s motor vehicle(s) from the locations designated for pickup and drop off. And these locations shall be determined within the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
4. Next, the designated Carrier will pick up and deliver the Customer’s vehicle(s) as close to the Customer’s desired locations as possible. This shall be done according to legalities as well as safety concerns. A new location might be agreed upon between the Customer and Carrier if necessary, due to any legal concerns (like restricted areas, etc.) or unsafe conditions (like low hanging trees, hanging wires, narrow streets, etc.).
5. There are no guarantees for dates and times regarding pickup or delivery. Weather issues, mechanical problems, road delays, or other unforeseen conditions could result in delays prior to and/or during shipment. Thus, Virginia Beach Auto Transport will provide the Customer with an estimated, but not guaranteed,
6. Virginia Beach Auto Transport will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind or for any reason. This includes Customer’s car rental fees or other types of accommodation fees. Moreover, Virginia Beach Auto Transport cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Customer’s vehicle.
Prepping Car for Shipment
7. The Customer must prepare their vehicle(s) for the shipment process. Any items that are not permanently attached to the vehicle should be removed before the transport. The Customer must remove and/or secure any loose parts (like any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) Moreover, the Customer must remove any outside mounted storage or racks. The Customer also must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they need to provide instructions for the Carrier to do so. If they do not provide the Carrier with keys or instructions to turn off an alarm and the alarm sounds, the Carrier is authorized to silence the alarm by any means.
8. Moreover, the Customer must present all vehicles to the Carrier in good running condition, unless otherwise noted within the order or previously discussed. If any part of the vehicle falls off during the transport, it is the responsibility of the Customer, not the Carrier. This also includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
9. Virginia Beach Auto Transport ships vehicles throughout the entire United States, therefore it provides auto shipping services to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico by the use of vessels. Thus, for any orders involving Ocean Transport, the Customer must completely empty the vehicle(s) of everything besides factory-installed equipment.
10. If the vehicle designated on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (ex. dual or oversized wheels, lifted, racks, extra-large, limo, etc.), the Customer must notify Virginia Beach Auto Transport and inquire about possible extra charges.
11. If the Customer is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Customer understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
Shipping Personal Property
12. The Customer may place personal property inside the vehicle to be transported. Generally, if the luggage or property
13. The Carrier will never ship or agree to ship any dangerous or harmful personal belongings in the Customer’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to the following: explosives, firearms, ammunition, flammable materials, negotiable or legal papers, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, etc. Essentially, no items will be transported by the Carrier that
14. The Customer agrees that Virginia Beach Auto Transport or the Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. In the case of this situation, no compensation will be given to the Customer. In addition, both the Carrier and Virginia Beach Auto Transport will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Customer wants to leave anything in the vehicle, it is at the Customer’s own risk.
Inspections and Damages
15. Both the Customer and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (in terms of the exterior) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Customer must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Customer has to sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
16. At the time the vehicle is delivered, the Customer, with the Carrier present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Carrier and Customer must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. Afterward, the Customer shall sign and then receive the final copy of the Bill of Lading.
17. If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading. After indicating damages, the Customer needs to sign the Bill of Lading. If the Customer signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Customer has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in an acceptable condition. This also verifies that the Carrier no longer is responsible or liable for anything involving the Customer’s vehicle.
18. All responsibility is given to the Carrier after signing the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is required under law to possess a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. All insurance claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of the delivery of the vehicle(s). Also, if there is damage to the vehicle a claim must be filed within 24 hours. Virginia Beach Auto Transport will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Customer upon request.
19. The Customer agrees that Virginia Beach Auto Transport is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Customer’s vehicle. Instead, the liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. However, neither Virginia Beach Auto Transport nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (for
20. The Customer also agrees and understands that Virginia Beach Auto Transport is only responsible for procuring a Carrier for the shipment of the Customer’s vehicle/property. Thus, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading. In other words, Virginia Beach Auto Transport never takes possession of your vehicle. After the Carrier delivers the vehicle, the final inspection is completed, and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading, the Carrier is no longer liable.
Forms of Payment
21. Once Virginia Beach Auto Transport has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Customer’s shipping order, Virginia Beach Auto Transport will notify the Customer based on the contact information given during the booking process. A deposit consisting of a small part of the payment is required at pickup for all orders placed through Virginia Beach Auto Transport. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to the variables of the particular shipment. This includes variables such as the model and condition of the vehicle; the type of shipment requested; and the distance of the shipment (based on the pickup and drop off locations).
22. Virginia Beach Auto Transport’s services are considered rendered once a Carrier is assigned to an order and begins travel to the pickup location. Thus, the minor deposit fee charged upon the pickup is considered the payment for services already rendered. For this reason, the deposit is nonrefundable. Any outstanding payments are due to the Carrier at the time of delivery.
23. The Customer is responsible for providing the full payment owed when the Carrier delivers the vehicle. These payments can be made in the form of money order, cash, or cashier’s check. Other forms of payment, such as business checks, credit or debit cards, should be agreed upon between the Carrier and the Customer prior to the delivery. Please note that funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to Virginia Beach Auto Transport.
24. If the Customer is unable to make the payment, the Customer understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Customer’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Customer pays all transport charges in full. Moreover, if the Customer (or the Customer’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer.
25. The Customer agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to Virginia Beach Auto Transport or the Carrier in full. This means that the Customer agrees to not attempt to dispute the payment for the reasons of damage claims, delays, or unforeseen circumstances. If there are any damages the Customer must note them on the Bill of Lading. After, the Customer should file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. This is considered a separate matter than the payment for transportation services. In other words, even if there is damage, customers must pay the carrier the bill in full. After, a claim must be filed against the carrier’s insurance company to collect money for any damages.
26. According to this pact, Virginia Beach Auto Transport is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). Virginia Beach Auto Transport is not responsible no matter if these are brought by an individual or another entity and then imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of Virginia Beach Auto Transport or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties).
27. This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, as well as any reimbursements to the customer for all legal expenses and costs incurred by them. In addition, these terms shall override all previous written or oral communication between Virginia Beach Auto Transport and the Customer. Once a Customer books the services of Virginia Beach Auto Transport, they have agreed to all of the above terms. The Customer warrants that they have read this agreement in its entirety and accepts the terms.
These terms and conditions are subject to changes, alterations, or updates by Virginia Beach Auto Transport at any time without notic.